Terriers Denied by UMPI, 72-67
WATERVILLE, ME – Thomas College was unable to contain a first half lead, falling to University of Maine Presque Isle 72-67 in a non-conference women's basketball matchup on Saturday afternoon. The loss brings the Terriers to 0-5 on the season thus far.
The first half saw both teams going back and forth with five different lead changes. The hosts had the largest gap with nine at the 7:14 mark. UMPI was able to claw back however, ending the opening stanza with a two point deficit, 31-29.
Elizabeth Goodall had a first half high of 12 points and five rebounds, shooting 3-8 from the field while going 50% (2-4) from downtown. Asleigh Gagne chipped in with nine points to start off the contest.
The Owls were led in opening period by Amanda Hotham, who came off the bench to score 11 points.
The second half was much of the same, with both teams jumping out the largest leads of the game on either side. Thomas came out firing, taking a 10 point lead at the 14:30 mark. UMPI continued to battle however, and a late push and some costly turnovers by the Terriers gave the Owls a seven point advantage with just two minutes to play. A late push by Thomas would not be enough to secure a come from behind victory.
Hotham ended with a game-high 22 points, while Olivia McNally added 20 points and six boards for the victors.
Overall, the Owls went 44% (22-50) from the floor, and 6-15 (40%) from beyond the arc. Thomas shot 37.7% (20-53) from the field, while going 3-11 (27.3%) from the perimeter.
The Terriers held a 40-28 advantage in rebounds in the losing effort.
Thomas will travel to Husson University after the Thanksgiving holiday on Tuesday, Dec. 3 at 7:30pm. The Terriers were 0-2 against the Eagles last season, being defeated 70-49 at home, and 52-42 in Bangor.
- Women's Basketball Season in Review
- Terriers End Season with Loss to...
- Women's Basketball NAC Quarterfinal...
- Terriers Fall to Husson on Senior Day
- Mariners Best Thomas in NAC Play, 74-35
- Terriers Surge in Second Half to Defeat...
- Terriers Taken Down by Castleton in...
- Terriers Stung by Hornets in OT, 62-58
- Thomas Falls to Johnson in Conference...
- Strong Second Half Not Enough in Loss to...
- NEC Denies Terriers, 72-39
- Terriers Fall to Colby-Sawyer Despite...
- Castleton Takes Down Terriers, 79-33
- Thomas Takes Down Eagles, 51-46
- Terriers Defeated by Monks, 81-36
- Farmington Bests Terriers, 61-28
- Thomas Falls in Conference Tilt to MMA,...
- Thomas Turned Away by Chargers, 83-35
- Terriers Denied by Conference Foe NEC,...
- Thomas Ousted by UMF, 81-46